To pursue this path requires great and sustained commitment. It is, in actuality, a form of self-transformation in public. Beyond self-development, the path of dance leading is essentially one of service for the benefit of others. The foundation elements requisite to one’s development on this path are listed here and described in Elements of Mastery:
- The Dance Lineage
- Experience, Assimilation, Transmission
- The Walks
- Magnetism and Atmosphere
- Attunement – Tasawwuri, Fana, Effacement
- Personal Evolution
- Working with Energy
- Working with Musicians
- Group Facilitation Skills and Leadership Qualities
- Knowledge, Experience and Understanding of a Variety of Spiritual Traditions
Training Courses- upcoming:
The next Dance Leader Training in the UK runs over 2 years starting in 2020 and is offered by Jilani Cordelia Prescott and Christina Gulzar Lausevic. Please click here for more details and how to enrol.
Gulzar and Jilani led a 2-year training course in 2017-2018, with 25 participants from six countries. Here are some testimonials from their first training course.
- I really value and honour the visible and invisible work you’ve been doing, inviting me in a very sensitive way to explore some paths where I wouldn’t have been by myself. I felt really safe and joyful about the way you’ve been holding the group and all the training.Thank you. (Solène Garrin – France)
- You both put your full selves, including your love, wisdom and vulnerability with the whole process – deep thanks. (Alan – UK)
- Gulzar and Jilani create a safe, warm, heart-centred, non-judgemental space in which to overcome fears about leading dances. Their passion for the dances is inspiring, and they led with humour, honesty, humility and love. They have achieved what I never thought possible – that I am starting to lead dances! (L.H. -UK)
- your capacity of listening and channelling all the situations was impeccable. Keep going please! Congratulations! (Juan Nuraddin – Spain)
- Your loving care in crafting this training, and the integration of work on the challenges and shadows on the path of dance leading make this an excellent grounding as a dance leader. May you do more! (Robert Salik Orange – UK)
- Jilani and Gulzar created such a safe space for me to fully connect with the Divine within and trust. (M.H. – UK)
- So grateful. All the years of dancing experiences, shared, given, and received with love. World changers and so much encouragement offered to shine, to grow, and in the present moment of the Beloved, all held. (Shakura H. Rogers – UK)
- I grew up so much! Thank you!!!!! I’m so grateful…(Paloma – Belgium)
- Jilani and Gulzar know what they are doing. You can trust them. (Sarah McCulloch – UK)
Past training courses
A series of 2-year training courses with Philip Tansen O’Donohoe have been run in the past. The most recent course ran from November 2010 to August 2012.
Each course consisted of eight residential training weekends, at Crewe and West Wickham, every 3 months.